SECOND SCHEDULE - [See Section 15 (1)]
DIVISION OF MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITY BETWEEN THE LANDOWNER
AND THE TENANTS
As per Section 15, the landowner shall be responsible for repairs relating to matters falling under
Part A and the tenant shall be responsible for matters falling under Part B.
Responsibilities of the Landowner
- Structural repairs except those necessitated by damage caused by the tenant
- The whitewashing of walls and painting of doors and windows
- Changing and plumbing pipes when necessary
- Internal and external electrical wiring and related maintenance when necessary
Periodic repairs to be got done by the tenant
- Changing of tap washers and taps
- Drain cleaning
- Water closet repairs
- Wash Basin repairs
- Bathtub repairs
- Geyser repairs
- Circuit breaker repairs
- Switches and socket repairs
- Repairs and replacement of electrical equipment except major internal and external wiring
- Kitchen fixtures repairs
- Replacement of knobs and locks of doors, cupboard, windows etc.
- Replacement of fly-nets
- Replacement of glass panels in windows, doors etc.
- Maintenance of gardens and open spaces let out to or used by the tenant.